Oblivious Maven: Kick-Off at This Post !!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kick-Off at This Post !!

Here's to my beloved crimson-bellied husband, whose football widow I become each fall. He'd love for me to join in, but I don't know jack-crap about football. I only know that despite his shouting at the t.v., his long-distance dialing to his Dad 23 times/game to discuss a play, and his way-too-loud exclamations while the kids are sleeping, whether it be a touchdown or a bad call.........he's having fun. So, this is the best that I can do other than wearing my crimson, bringing him a beer, and asking when it's ok to talk while he's watching the game:




Hey, at least I didn't try this in MS Paint. And this is called multi-tasking. You know that Mr. Preschool and I were having quality time together. Really, I didn't sit at the kitchen table and color with crayons all by myself. I know, you don't believe me. That's ok.

8 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

I empathise with you, I'm a baseball fan and an Aussie, so football confuses the shit out of me. But being a guy I had to learn when to cheer and when to swear.

Pretty pic.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you draw that freehand? Wow.

Kyle just took off for a fantasy football draft. I hate football season.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Sorry - can't sympathize

I am a HUGE football fan myself - it happened 10 years ago when a girlfriend asked me to join a Fantasy football team with her - and well, my competitiveness took over and the rest is history. (I need to write a post about it - think I will, maybe next week!)

Hang in there - it only lasts until February! ha ha - great pic by the way!!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

How can anyone NOT love football? I am not a fan of any other sport, but I have been to two football games in two days and am very, very pleased.

Tell your husband that the Huskers are looking forward to stepping into Sooner territory on October 28th....In fact, I think I may be flying in for that one as I have a friend in Oklahoma. Um...good luck, I think.

And as for coloring...I LOVE to color. I have my own book, though. I like to color in Barbie books. My seven year old, Lily, likes Superman or anything superhero related. She and I have been known to spend an afternoon coloring. It is relaxing and I always make Barbie grey haired, like me.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Impressive picture! I'm more at the speed of my little guy, scribbles, scribbles and more scribbles.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

Draw that freehand? Ha! Look at my hand-writing. Thank heavens for coloring pages.

My fantasy football is a little football-shaped chocolate in a brown aluminum wrapper.

Husker's fan.....husband said "Go Big Red". I say "Go Gray Barbie".

Scribbles! Scribbles are my forte'.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Chicky said...

I feel your pain. Before we had kids, it was the ideal time to go shopping-no questions asked! Now, I find ways to amuse myself here-like, when he yells at the screen over a dumb play or call..."um, dear, you know they can't hear you right?" or I will call the home phone with my cell phone and tell him it's the coach on the phone and he would like some advice on the next play...LOL Dumb and silly, yes, but it gets me thru the day!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

Domestic Chicky - I see a call from the coach in my man's future. HAHA!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home