Oblivious Maven: Because I'm a Mess

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Because I'm a Mess

I saw my parents and my in-laws last week. They all told me that I needed a Mom's Day Out and SOON for Mr. Baby. Yeah, I am a discombobulated, strung-out mess. Donald Trump would take one look at me and say "you're a complete disaster". I don't even try to hide it anymore, it's just too obvious.

Anyway, I got a note and a lovely pearl bracelet in the mail from my mother-in-law yesterday. In it, she told me that I was a great Mom and that things will get easier. Yes, you read that right. Focus on the point that she said "great"! Really now, focus, hone in on the fact that she didn't just say good, she said great. I certainly did.

Whoa, now! Will wonders never cease?

So, either I'm being too hard on myself because I'm doing a better job than I think I am, or she's blonde. Well, maybe it's a little of both. Either way, that was really sweet. And I believed it for a whole day. (I'm blonde, too.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shes a red head and you are being to hard on yourself.

BTW you are great in every way.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

I didn't say that either of us were natural blondes. ;O)

And thank you. Mwah!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

So what are you guys saying? That women change the colour of their hair? Why would they do that?

Oh, and I've got to get one of those oven lock things, my oven door won't stay closed!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Well I hear you - baby break, mama break - whatever....My husband comes home this evening and in three weeks I'm leaving him and the kids. (but only for a few days)

BTW - that was awesome of your mother-in-law to notice! Most don't, or never say anything except negative stuff.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I'm lucky. My MIL always has nice things to say to me. Enjoy your time for YOURSELF! AWESOME!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home