Oblivious Maven: My Craft Project

Friday, August 04, 2006

My Craft Project

Because I have been inspired by a few crafty blogs and this has been on my to-do list for 8 months anyway, I'd like to take a minute to brag on what I am finally working on here:

Before:




Three Weeks Later:




This is my small cross-stitch project, my beautiful work in process. Notice how deftly I removed the supplies from the bag. Notice that I have not yet made one mistake. Not one. It is pure perfection. You can't criticize any of my stitching, can you? Aaaaah. Perhaps it is so incredibly fault-free that I should just stop here. Why mess with perfection?

You envy me, no? You so want to hire me for your home craft projects, I can sense it. And if you have seen my previous artwork in MS Paint, I'm sure that you want to hire me as a graphics artist as well.

Sorry, I'm busy for the next 18 years, at least. It's a shame, I know. There, there. Don't cry.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My craft projects are still in the cellophane wrappers too. We should start a group craft blog. It will be awesome.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

do you have craft abortions? I have a whole room of aborted crafts. poor little things just sit there forever.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Crafts, oh how I miss thee...

Thanks for the laugh! I love your writing.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

Reluctant - yes, let's do! What should we call ourselves? Not the usual "Busy Bees". No, no, no. Maybe the "Farting-Off Fireflies". Hmmm, that's not quite right, either. I dunno. What kind of bug works his antennae off, yet seems to accomplish nothing?

Handmaiden - I have many crafts up for adoption. But I want them back after you finish them.

Mamacita - You are too kind. Cyber-Mwah!!

9:54 PM  
Blogger BabyonBored said...

That's sort of like my idea of cleaning. The vacuum is still in the closet but I sort of feel like the rugs are clean! At least, that's what I tell myself. But then again, I don't want to get hired as a cleaning lady.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

I am a graphic designer so I can safely say, you've got it! The form, the flare, the uniqueness. You can so put that in your portfolio. Amazing.... hehe

7:33 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Hey - I am impressed that you at least even BOUGHT the crafty stuff!!! I look and admire and generally refrain.

11:50 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

oh my gawd! - you are just like me! i have great intentions too!

2:17 AM  
Blogger HULA77 said...

OMG you are hysterical! Baby steps my dear, baby steps.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in a group of local moms who are learning to knit. I've been there all of 2 times since I began going, about 5 months ago. We are named the "knit wits" :) I'm actually going tonight, but probably not to knit :) One of the ladies is moving to Sweden and I'm there to see her off.

~A

3:33 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

~A: What is it about friends that pack up and move away? ;)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home