Oblivious Maven: You Can't Change Film with a Kid on Your Back

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

You Can't Change Film with a Kid on Your Back

Remember those Roger Miller lyrics from "You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd"? Well, I used to think that all of those lyrics were just silly. The thing about not being able to do jack-crap with your kid hanging all over you, well, that wasn't wacky. That was the stone cold truth. Did he have kids before he wrote that? Just wondering, as I try to blog with a kid on my lap....

You can't type your blog with a kid on your lap....I'll be going now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Murp! said...

The fact that you know the singer of that song frightens me. In that I remember it was on a record called "Funny Bone Favorites" just after "Beans in Our Ears", no wait, it was after, "Ahab the Arab"...

Or was it "Camp Kookamonga"???

Damn your black heart for making me remember those songs. All day now, I'll be singing "On top of Spaghetti"!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

I think it was Wacky Westerns for me. On vinyl. Here, enjoy another tune, "May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose". That's for your Stupid Form Writer.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home