Oblivious Maven: My Acceptance Speech

Friday, June 23, 2006

My Acceptance Speech

Dear Children,

I accept this nap awarded to me on June 23rd at 12:30 p.m. with much humility and appreciation. I further accept all the love you give to me and I will continue to aspire to accomplish all that you demand of me. Without you, I wouldn't be awake for hours on end, delirious, a walking disaster. Someone that people glance awkwardly at in the grocery store, wondering if they should be making a call to Child Protective Services on your behalf. In closing, I really do just want to do things that matter, and you matter so much to me.

Thank you.

And please remember that I am so much better at showing you how much you matter when I get a nap. So, surely this award comes more than once a year?

All my love,
Mommy

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Grouch said...

all I ever get are poopy diapers.

10:51 AM  
Blogger HULA77 said...

I am so jealous!!!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home