Oblivious Maven: Neighborhood Romancer

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Neighborhood Romancer

Signs have been appearing in my neighborhood. Not The End of Times signs, like me working out yet again today (be very afraid!), but these signs:

(Sorry about the crappy quality on a cell phone camera, just showing proof that I'm not making it up.)


This is the first one that appeared last week. As I recall, it said something close to "I would be lost without you. I love you." Followed by, "You complete me. I couldn't live without you."

Points for:
Professing his love.

Demerits for:
Unoriginality. Didn't sign his name and didn't address his girl by name. Making me think that this sign was actually for me. (I even pathetically went so far as to ask my man if he did this for me. Boo!)




A sign appeared here the same day as the first one. However, it disappeared before I could read it or snap a picture.

But today a sign appeared again. I believe it reads "I love you. I need you. You complete me."

Points for:
Professing his love. Replacing the sign.

Demerits for:
Unoriginality (Double Demerits). Didn't sign his name, and didn't address his girl by name. (Double Demerits) Furthermore, when you are going 45 mph, who could read it anyway? Plus my name is not on here, and it is not signed by my husband. Boo.




Oh, wait, on the other side of the road, another sign appeared today! I nearly missed it. Well, I couldn't have that, now could I? So, yes, on $46.79/gallon gas, I circled the block and returned to take a picture. I do remember that the sign said "I love you", with a cupid's arrow drawn underneath.

Points for:
Professing his love. Posting a new sign. Attempting artwork.

Demerits for:
Didn't sign his name and didn't address his girl by name. (Triple Demerits) Who could possibly read it on the other side of the road going 45 mph anyway? Is he trying to kill her?


Hmmmm, thanks to that last demerit, I've decided that these signs aren't for me from my beloved. It's from a sick man who has taken out a substantial life policy on his wife.

Then again......excuse me, I have to call our agent to make sure he hasn't heard from my man in a while about policies 'n such.


6 Comments:

Blogger HULA77 said...

What a nutjob (the sign guy, not you)! Freaky deaky!

Lis.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Gawd...do you think it's the same guy...he's probably a wierd freeko stalker guy or something. OHHHHHH, maybe the

4:31 PM  
Blogger Mama Grouch said...

Those signs are awesome!

I do have to say that he will get a gazillion demerits if he doesn't follow up with something like:

"your [sic] a tramp - I hate you and you're [sic] new man"

or

"she said yes!"

I want closure mr. sign guy.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Ms. Grouch - some follow-up is necessary.

Thanks for the giggles, and for visiting me today!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

I'll be on the lookout!

(And watching my back when the hubby is around, lol.)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Great post, I love found "art". You realize you need to jump in with your own response signage.

"I love you too. Meet me at the sign at midnight. Bring Wine Coolers."

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home