Oblivious Maven: 99 Dancing Hamsters on the Shelf

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

99 Dancing Hamsters on the Shelf

I was feeling a little rebellious yesterday. After all, when I took the kids with me to Walgreen's, I had announced beforehand that we were not getting a toy. We did not visit the toy aisle. I have a three year old, a pretty good one actually, but I did not want to go through the whole "don't touch, put it back, no we can't have it" routine. Problem solved.

But we parents know that's not the end of it, don't we?

At the check-out counter, there is always a toy aisle all to itself. Everything is at your kids' eye level; you know it's for their benefit! Know what? I snapped. I briefly became "one of those parents" and let him push every danged "on" button he wanted to push. He's got a built-in radar for the buttons on those suckers now. If they were put there for my kid, have at it. Go for it.



Yeah, I know, the cashier who had to endure this wasn't the culprit here. The orders to place those vermin at the checkout stand came from some high-rise corporate office somewhere. And she was probably the one that suffered.

But dayum, that was kinda fun.

And, in any case, if they really wanted me to buy one of those little creatures, well, they should have stocked this one:


Cute. I would have pushed the button myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

LOL. You go, girl. Push those buttons, baby!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Chicky said...

I always wanted to do that!!

Love the kung foo fighting one...

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home