Oblivious Maven: Even in My Fantasies, I'm Pathetic

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Even in My Fantasies, I'm Pathetic

My kids and I were waiting our turn in the doctor's lobby. Mr. Preschool was playing with another boy his age in the children's play area. The boy's Mom looked at me and asked me what I was thinking (as I was sitting there in the usual daze because I don't talk to anyone, I'm shy like that). I told her that I was thinking about going home to make jack-in-the-box cupcakes. She said that sounded fun and wanted to know if I needed help, because she wanted to learn how. I looked at her wearing just a t-shirt and shorts, really casual. Not a total Mrs. Perfectly Coifed and Dressed to the Nines just to go to the freaking doctor. She looked sweet and perky and she was nice and she wanted to make cupcakes with me! At my house! And bring her kiddo to play with mine. Lovely, just divine! I told her that my house was a mess, and she said, "Great, a real Mom, too, huh?" I was in heaven. My mind started looking forward to her sitting at the bar chair in my kitchen, where we'd talk and giggle and laugh and be the bestest of the bestest of friends.

"The sun woke up."

Oh great, it's The Sun Woke Up Police. Mr. Preschool is announcing that he needs juice and breakfast.

It was only a dream, and I am quite annoyed that I am being awakened from a really awesome dream. I really want to turn over and revel in the fantasy of that dream.

Darn.

I miss my best friend of 20++ years, who apparently, for whatever reason, decided that her life needed to to go on without me in it. And didn't bother to tell me.

1 Comments:

Blogger honkeie said...

wow sorry to hear about your friend...but then again I am all out of frineds myself....sucks geting old doesnt it....I think I will go make myslef another drink and drown my sorrows.....:-*

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home