Oblivious Maven: It's Not How Much You Weigh

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's Not How Much You Weigh

A few summers ago, my husband decided to make an elaborate flower bed border along the perimeter of our back fence. It required him to load 3/4 ton of various doomaflochy into his Lexus XYZ-SUV (I'm too lazy to go look, it's the smaller one). Outside the Home Depot, a man stopped to ask him if he was sure he had "a three-quarter-ton truck there". My husband proceeded to tell him that he wasn't sure how much the Lexus weighed.

Now we know that a Three-Quarter-Ton Pickup Truck can haul exactly that, and how much it weighs is not in that equation. Who knew?

Just goes to show you. I can probably haul about 1/2 a dozen donuts, a six pack of Coke, and a burrito "as big as yo' face" at Chuy's in one day.

I must be a fine looking vehicle. Check out my back bumper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home