Oblivious Maven: Imaginary Rehab

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Imaginary Rehab

Here I sit with my imaginary shaved head in imaginary rehab. In Malibu. With my imaginary addiction that I had to imaginarily fake so that they'd admit me for pampering treatment. Ahh, this is the life. No hair to care for, someone to babysit for me 24/7, and in this elite place, for my celebrity self, I don't have chores like the ordinary rehab folks do. And I don't even have to make my own bed. Every day, I am told how to take better care of myself than I have in the last few years. I'm really liking that. Although it's great that the staff is taking care of me while I'm here.

Yesterday, I had an assignment to write a poem about someone who really touched me here at the facility. Someone I really connected with, while sober, without needing chemicals to hide behind. A natural high, a natural connection. Here it is:

"Aunt Flo"

I love you Aunt Flo,
Oh yes I do!
You don't know how relieved
I am to see beloved you!
As much as I LOVE my kids
I'm so glad there's still only two!
Oh, Aunt Flo, I love you!!!!!!!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come too? (except I want to keep my hair - just cut it really short.)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

Certainly! But I'll get the bum deal if we decide to do each other's hair.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home